Saturday, July 20, 2013

LPM Siesta Scripture Memory

One of the most important things I have learned thus far in my walk with Christ is that it is CRITICAL to memorize scripture. Memorization is how we apply the Word to our lives, transforming the world around us with the Truth. How can we expect to change with world with the Truth if we do no know it ourselves? I've also had SEVERAL instances where I have been blessed with the opportunity to share my faith and why I believe what I believe and had the scripture and the apologetics to back it up. And trust me, never on the face of this earth could I do that on my own. That victory came straight from knowing the Word and being filled with the Spirit. In Ephesians 6 Paul writes about an armor of God, and one of the pieces is the sword of Truth. He is referring to the Bible and the wisdom and power God gives us through His word. The Sword (Scripture) is the ONLY offensive weapon we have. Why on earth do we think we can defeat the enemy is we walk out every day to do battle completely unarmed? I have no idea, but I also know that I am guilty of the ignorance of doing that, way too often. Which is why when my mom told me about the LPM Siesta conference I jumped in! We log a verse that we are to memorize every 2 weeks for the whole year, beginning January 1st, and in return (in ADDITION to writing the Word on our hearts and being transformed by the Truth) we get to attend a conference led by Beth Moore! I meant to be sharing verses on the blog since day 1, but, well...that didn't happen. So now I want to catch up and share the verses God laid on my heart to commit to memory. I hope they encourage you as much as they have me! Hopefully I'll be able to share the verses I learn every two weeks as was my original intent, and maybe we can learn them together?!  It's amazing how God gives up specific scriptures for specific seasons in our lives to give us victory. Feel free to share encouraging verses that you've committed to memory or used to fight the enemy! We have already won the war brothers and sisters, but we still have to fight our battles every day. Here's to knowing the wisdom of God through his Word and standing firm in the faith!

P.S. If you want to join me in the LPM Scripture memory challenge and attend the conference you can STILL get in on the action! Click here for more info, and go back and log verses through Jan. 1. 2013! :)

Be blessed!
--R.

January.1.2013
Good sense makes one slow to anger and it is his glory to overlook an offense.
--Proverbs 19:11

January.15.2013
You have granted me life and steadfast love, and your care has preserved my spirit. Yet these things you hid in your heart; I know that this is your purpose.
--Job 10:12-13

February.1.2013
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.
--Romans 8:5

February.15.2013
The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening." And the Lord said to Samuel: "See, I am about to do something in Israel that will make the ears of everyone who hears about it tingle."
--1 Samuel 3:10, 11

March.1.2013
We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.
--2 Corinthians 10:5

March.15.2013
For am I now seeking the approval of man? If I were still trying to please man I would not be a servant of Christ.
--Galatians 1:10

April.1.2013
Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is a slave to sin."
--John 8:34

April.15.2013
To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given to preach to the gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ.
--Ephesians 3:8

May.1.2013
Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ.
--Phillipians 3:8

May.15.2013
Seek the Lord and his strength;
Seek his presence continually!
--1 Chronicles 16:11

June.1.2013
For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth the strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
--2 Chronicles 16:9

June.15.2013
Plans are established by seeking advice; so if you wage war, obtain guidance.
--Proverbs 20:18

July.1.2013
Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and which God has called him.
--1 Corinthians 7:17

July.15.2013
Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful.
--James 5:11

So much guidance and truth in the Word. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment